Use this App to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
What would you say if I told you there’s an app that could help you improve your curb appeal? Would you believe me? What if I told you this app could also help you complete all those home maintenance and repair tasks you’ve been putting off? Still don’t believe me? I swear, it’s true! By downloading the DIYZ app, you can learn how to improve your home’s curb appeal and learn how to make your own repairs and upgrades. (This is a sponsored post for DIYZ, but stick around because I have found this app extremely helpful. In fact, you can read about how this app saved my butt last year!)
Why should you care about your home’s curb appeal?
Curb appeal is more than just caring about how your house looks from the street. If you are getting ready to sell your house, failing to keep up with exterior home maintenance can be a red flag to potential buyers who are looking for a well maintained home. Even if you don’t plan to sell your house anytime soon, not repairing deterioration and rot can create easy access for rodents, insects and water into your home. Before you think you have to call a handyman (or handywoman), I urge you to check out the DIYZ App for tutorials and help fixing up your home’s exterior. It’s best to make those repairs now and keep it in great shape whether you are planning on selling or staying.
One of the helpful features of the DIYZ App is a list of materials you’ll need to complete your project. Nothing is more frustrating than coming home from the home improvement store and starting your project only to realize you are missing something. The DIYZ app offers you the option to purchase the materials directly from Amazon. Hands up if you love the ease of Amazon ordering.
Repairs & Fixes to the Exterior:
You never have a second chance to make a first impression when buyers walk up to your front door. That’s why your curb appeal must be in tip top shape when you are listing your home for sale. I’ve collected a group of videos to help you increase your curb appeal and make a great first impression.
- Repair Concrete Cracks and Holes
- Re-mortar brick steps that have mortar missing
- Replace damaged lap siding to keep water from getting behind the siding
- Repair cracked stucco to keep water and insects out
- Pressure wash your house to eliminate mold and dirt
- Replace rotted or splintering deck boards to extend the life of your deck (and prevent foot injuries)
- Repair a fence post before your whole fence falls
Once you’ve taken care of the maintenance and repairs on your home’s exterior, you can really amp up the curb appeal by trying one of these tutorials:
- Install a front door knocker to give your door some elegance
- Replace a dated or sticking lockset with a new one
- Install decorative garage door hardware to improve your garage’s charm
- Install exterior shutters on your house to take the exterior from drab to fab
- Lay sod to solve that barren front yard issue
- Edge your garden beds to give a clean refined look to your landscaping:
Now you have a host of ideas for how to use the DIYZ app to improve your home’s curb appeal! But, what happens if you get stuck or run into a problem?
The best thing about the DIYZ app is the ability to Talk to a Pro!
No matter where you are in the app, you can easily request a video or audio consultation with a professional tradesman who will help you complete your project. Here’s an actual video of one satisfied user of the DIYZ App!
What are you waiting for? Download the DIYZ app today for project ideas, tutorials and professional help on call. I have it on my phone, do you?